Saturday 22 November 2014

Blissful Mood Blanket 2014

Just had to share my Mood Blanket ... I am beyond delighted, it looks toooo beautiful.



I joined a CAL in January, calling for a blanket to be made over the space of twelve months.  The brief was mainly that, but also that your 'moods' should be reflected in the colours of the blanket.  Well, I mulled over this part of the CAL for a while, and decided that my blanket would eventually be many squares of 'upbeat mood' colours and only a few in 'downbeat mood' colours. So I decided to simply make up the squares in my very favourite colours, in random order and about five to seven squares a month.  And so my Blissful Mood Blanket came to life!




Details ~
Yarn: Double Knit
Hook: 4mm
Squares:  I used the Maybelle Flower Square for the squares. My Rose Valley was one of the first blogs I ever read, and just knew, when I saw this beautiful square, that I would use it in a project in the future sometime.



Joining method: During the early stages of the Mood Blanket CAL, I met another wonderful blogger from Zooty Owl Cards ...... . I was so thrilled to discover that she was a fellow country-lady .. she lives in South Africa too, and in the same city!  I spotted a joining method she had used and asked her to share her secret!  Here is the link for this very easy and attractive joining method.



Border:  Another blog that I have followed forever is The Patchwork Heart, and I first saw this border on one of Heather's fabulous blankets.  Here is a useful link that explains how to do the border.   I used this pattern but with four dc groups (you can see the groups clearly in the pictures).  This fitted in better with the spacing I used that would accommodate the number of stitches on each side of the blanket.  The finished size : 60" x 94" / 150cm x 240cm.






And so now it is finished, ready for a little wash and then to be packed away till winter comes round again.  It was fun, very satisfying and immensely enjoyable to work on a project for twelve months.  Stressful .. No;  Blissful .. Yes!

I have already started sorting through patterns of beautiful squares for my 2015 blanket! 


Have an amazing weekend
Cheers Pat xxxxxxxxxx



9 comments:

  1. Your blanket is absolutely stunning, and the first of the CAL blankets I have seen finished! I am also in on this CAL, my blanket is now awaiting the final 2 rows of the border, but I have had to put it on hold to craft presents for Christmas. I am hoping to finish it before the end of the year though, even if it means working on it on 31 December :)

    Helenxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blanket is absolutely beautiful, the colours are so fresh and what a nice idea to have them reflect your moods. A great achievement! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful blanket it's so pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blanket is so pretty! I love the border and all the different colours that you chose! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful - such a happy looking blanket!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous blanket. Love your colour choices. Have a nice day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank you for the link to my blog!
    such a happy blanket, xxxx Ale

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment ~ hearing from you makes my day ~